This position independently performs assigned accounting functions requiring the application of accounting principles and practices for GKN Aerospace Muncie.
* Performs a variety of accounting assignments including daily reporting, A/R, A/P roll forward, following GAAP principles.
* Assists in the maintenance of asset and general ledgers.
* Performs material valuation analysis, ensuring accurate accounting of fixed assets.
* Analyzes balance sheet and income statement as well as product and customer profitability.
* Inputs all journal entries into electronic system.
* Prepares book values and journal entries.
* Assists with audits.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Core Competencies & Behaviors:
* Business Understanding * Communication
* Teamwork * Quality Advocate
* Respect * Commitment
Required Specific Competencies & Skills:
* Quality & Safety * Communication
* Productivity * Performance
* Dependability * Job Knowledge
* Adaptability * Teamwork
* Initiative * Innovation
Required Minimum Education:
* Basic Training in Accounting, preferably 2 years college-studies completed towards bachelor of accounting.
Required Minimum Experience:
* Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) and related legislation and regulation.
* Skilled in the use of computer applications, Excel in particular.
* Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
This is a part-time position to be filled immediately, candidate must have availability to be onsite at least 3 days per week, working up to 25 hours per week.
Nearest Major Market: Muncie
Nearest Secondary Market: Anderson