The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We're a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we're united under one vision:To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we're transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there's only one thing to do: join our table and let's make life delicious!Job Description
The Buyer is a crucial member of the procurement team and plays a key role in identifying multifaceted sources of mixes for desserts, powder beverages, and other mixes, evaluating bids, awarding contracts, facilitating relationships with vendors, and maintaining comprehensive descriptions of available products and prices. You will work closely with several cross-functional areas.
- Execute the strategic sourcing process including market and industry analysis, supplier research and review, category and supplier segmentation, sourcing events, analysis, negotiations, contracting and implementation
- Establish trust and build effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders for long-term partnership
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers ensuring the most optimal terms and conditions while never compromising service or quality
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and ensure that monthly service targets are achieved
- Deliver specific productivity and cash flow targets in alignment with overarching goals and objectives, with a focus on total cost of ownership
- Complete monthly rituals and routines such as forecasting pricing, volume, risks, opportunities, and being able to support with data
Location(s)Chicago/Aon Center, Don Mills
- You have a history of setting and over-delivering against clear goals
- You have a bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, or Supply Chain
- You have 1+ years' experience in direct procurement or and operations related role
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with other driven stakeholders
- You have demonstrated the ability to effectively work cross-functionally with varying levels of peers and leaders
- You understand the components of a legal agreement and have reviewed and negotiated commercial terms in a prior role
- You have strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change.
- Strong Analytical, Planning and Execution skills.
- Ability to multitask and juggle projects at varying levels of complexity
- Can work through tough agreements and settle disputes effectively.
- Organizational Agility - knows how to get things done both through formal and informal channels.
- Priority Setting - Spends his/ her time and the time of others on what's most important. Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
- Strong understanding of Excel and in developing presentations
Kraft Heinz is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Underrepresented Ethnic Minority Groups/Women/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected classes.In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for protected individuals, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contactHRCompliance@kraftheinz.comfor assistance.
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.